Just wanted to write a post on one of my favorite quick meals: shrimp fajitas. This is going to be a pretty non-traditional recipe in the sense that I am just going to try and wing it with the measurements. Either way, it turns out wonderfully.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- a handful of shrimp, preferably one of the larger varieties
- one red, orange, or yellow bell pepper, sliced
- one medium sweet onion, sliced
- an avocado
- a lime wedge
- sour cream (optional)
- two pinches (heehee) of paprika
- a pinch (or two according to your taste) of chili powder
- hot sauce of your choice (optional)
- cheddar or Mexican style cheese, shredded
- corn or flour torillas
HOW IT'S MADE:
- First, put the pepper and onion into a skillet coated with olive oil. Let that cook on low/med heat until soft, but not browned.
- Add the shrimp to the pan. Mix around and wait until they turn to a pinky-opaque color. Add the seasonings to the mixture and stir around to evenly distribute.
- Toast up the corn (my preference) or flour tortillas in a toaster or oven till just warm and slightly crunchy.
- Make up your fajita however you would like. Mine goes sour cream, cheese, shrimp/pepper/onion, hot sauce, squeeze of lime, and avocado on the side ;) .
DRESS IT UP:
Pair it with a batch of Spanish rice and beans, or a veggie and make it a full meal. Quick and easy!
EAT IT UP:
Pretty self explanatory. If that already didn't cause your tummy to grumble, here are some pictures.