Wednesday, December 5, 2012

meela's musings on...anxiety •

Earlier tonight I was reading my devotional, Breakfast with Jesus by Greg Laurie, and I came across a chapter titled "The Worst Sin You Can Commit". Toward the end of the chapter there was one line that stuck out to me, that really didn't have a whole lot to do with the subject of the chapter. It read "Why not let him do what He really desires to do? Why not come to Jesus?" And then it hit me. All He wants for His children is to take care of them and hold them. To make sure they are safe in his arms. 

For me personally, it's hard to let someone else take control. I never wanted to be seen as a "control freak" but I guess you could call me that. If I don't have a hold on something or I'm not positive about a plan I have, or the outcome of certain events I get major anxiety. this feeling is always there and if I'm not anxious or worrisome about one thing, I am about another. It's this never ending circle. What I need to learn from all of this is that all God wants to do is take care of me, His daughter. I need to learn to literally: 


via tumblr 
Do any of you guys struggle with these things?

No comments:

Post a Comment