Saturday, February 23, 2013

Going Green - Health


Hey guys-
If you haven't heard of this series I thought up check down below for some earlier posts. This particular post is Going Green - Health. I'm just going to give a few tips on staying healthy and trying to help the environment at the same time. Like I said before, I am no expert, and I'm not great at all of these so we are going to go through this together.

Try and eat healthier.
via
 I know this is a kind of loaded suggestion. It's a lot of hard work and I understand that. But the way you'll feel after is so worth it. I don't think you need to be on a strict diet to be healthy. There are plenty of ways, such as:
only eat if you are hungry | try out smoothies/juicing | make sure to have at least one veggie with dinner | use the "cheat cheat" rule and give yourself a spoil day 

 Some of the foods that I have heard are "superfoods" or are super healthy and tasty (I think) are kale, almonds, oats, berries, yogurt, wheat bread, and wheat pasta (the angel hair isn't as pungent), to name a few.

• Exercise
via

I'm not going to tell you to do it daily. I'm not even going to tell you how long to exercise. Just do something. Anything. Walk, run, jog, lift, squat, pull up, push up, do planks, do sit ups. Just make sure you are moving and being active. Believe me, I hate to think "Oh I should probably work out" after a hard, long day. But you'll feel better in the end.

  Buy organic.

Now, here's the one I have the most trouble with. It is expensive. That is the one downfall and something I'll never understand. They say "Eat healthy", but if I can't afford it, how will I
I do believe it is better for you to eat organic, but if you can't I wouldn't sweat it. Start small maybe, try out organic veggie broth, then organic apples, whatever it is. No big commitment or pressure.


So, I think that just about all I've got for this one. Stay tuned for the other two: home and hobbies. Are you enjoying the series? Comment below with the answer.   

No comments:

Post a Comment